Friday, July 08, 2005

Blueberries and Bread

I had 2 cartons of blueberries and 4 peices of stale sourdough bread... so this is the beautiful marriage of them. I used an old Bread Pudding recipe I have used for several years and added in around 3 cups of blueberries. Delicious. It was such a pretty sight when it came out of the oven all bubbly, I actucally made my husband get up out of bed to come and look at it. Crazy, yeah I know, but thank God he understands me!


Here is the recipe:

3 TBSP Butter
3/4 Cup Sugar
2 Cups Milk
3 Large Eggs
2 TSP Vanilla Extract
3 French (or sourdough) slices, torn into pieces
3 Cups fresh beautiful blueberries

Drizzle melted butter into 8" dish. Wisk together the sugar, milk, eggs and vanilla. Stir in the clean blueberries. Stir in the bread. Pour into buttered dish. Cook in 350F oven for 45-50 minutes.


* You may want to cook the blueberries with some sugar and a tad of lemon juice for a few minutes before mixing in with the milk mixture. I think this would make the pudding "creamier".

Comments on "Blueberries and Bread"

 

post a comment