Sunday, July 17, 2005

Crimes Against Cooking

It's only 9am and already I have created an atrocity in the kitchen. Scones. They are ugly AND they taste like utter crap. Why are they so bitter? Not enough sugar in the mix.....yuck. I added in cherries and almonds and made a little drizzle sauce with the cherry juice and confectioners sugar. The sauce is good... the scone... not so much. I am not even going to post the recipe because I would hate for someone else to have to experience these.

I am beginning to think that perhaps I, in a past life, performed some profane crime against cooking. Was I the one that thought green Jell O was a good idea? Did I invent SPAM? Or perhaps I was the one that put those two together in bunt pan and served it to unsuspecting guests.... WHAT DID I DO? What ever it was it was bad... very bad.

Comments on "Crimes Against Cooking"

 

Blogger g_samsa said ... (July 17, 2005 9:05 PM) : 

I'd have to agree that if I didn't know these were food they would look kinda gross. However, knowing that they are food I think they look appetizing. Somehow I don't think scones ever look realy good, do they? I'll have to take your word that they don't taste good but it seems many of your other creations ( I read some of your other posts too) look quite nice. Maybe it's like you say -- If it looks good, must taste like crud. I'll just have to trust you.

I saw William Hung at the airport in Dallas a few month ago. A friend of mine sat next to him on the plane where he sang a song into the intercom at the flight attendents request. I'm told he realy is just as bad in person. Funny

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (July 18, 2005 1:07 PM) : 

Tyler Florence did a Food911 on blueberry scones. I tried the recipe, and it was great. If you hunt for them, its Blueberry Scones with Orange Glaze. I can't vouch for the glaze, I used a bit of demerera sugar on top instead.

 

Blogger Chan said ... (July 18, 2005 1:20 PM) : 

i wonder if his were as ugly as mine?? somehow i doubt it...

 

post a comment