Thursday, July 14, 2005

Nothing But Ideas

I didn't bake a single little thing today. Not one..... I briefly had the thought of baking a butter cake to use the rest of the pink icing on (yes, that icing is STILL around) but came to the conclusion at 9pm that it wouldn't be smart, as my daughter was still up and I needed a bath.
BUT... that's not to say that I didn't brain storm all day long. I have decided to enter a "Cheesecake Contest" sponsored by Philidelphia Cream Cheese. The winner takes 20K and I could really use 20K....
The rules are as follows: Must be 10 ingredients or less, must contain an extract, must not have a bake time over an hour, must bake in a 9x13 pan (gasp.. no springform??!!) and must have at least 3 blocks of Philidelphia Cream Cheese....

So here are some of my ideas:
Coconut Lemongrass Cheesecake
Honey Orange Cheesecake
Key Lime with a Gingersnap Crust
Hummingbird (pineapple, bananas and pecans) Cheesecake
White Chocolate with Macadamia and Coconut Cheesecake
Elvis Cheesecake (peanut butter and banana)
Caramel Walnut Apple Cheesecake
Rum Rasin Cheesecake
Chocolate Orange Cheesecake (For Tara)
Maple Pecan Cheesecake
Mango Pineapple Cheesecake
Honey Rum Pineapple Cheesecake
Mexicana Cheesecake (using Mexican Chocolate)

What do you think? I did a search on cheesecakes earlier and dear God.. there is nothing that hasnt been done! Except the Coconut Lemongrass and the Elvis.... at least I didnt see those!
Let me know what you think.
I am opening up the comments so that anyone can comment.



Comments on "Nothing But Ideas"

 

Anonymous Mr. Cheesecake said ... (July 15, 2005 12:44 PM) : 

Coconut Lemongrass Cheesecake -- too exotic
Honey Orange Cheesecake -- too Greek
Key Lime with a Gingersnap Crust -- too boring
Hummingbird (pineapple, bananas and pecans) Cheesecake -- Hmmmm, cute.
White Chocolate with Macadamia and Coconut Cheesecake -- yawn
Elvis Cheesecake (peanut butter and banana) -- Imagination has left the building
Caramel Walnut Apple Cheesecake -- yum! creative yet easy-sounding. plus you can cash in on the caramel trend.
Rum Rasin Cheesecake -- been done
Chocolate Orange Cheesecake (For Tara)-- hmmmm. been done, but not 13x9
Maple Pecan Cheesecake -- yum! Good one.
Mango Pineapple Cheesecake -- Mango, trendy, good idea
Honey Rum Pineapple Cheesecake -- yuck
Mexicana Cheesecake (using Mexican Chocolate)-- great idea, but just use cinnamon in your chocolate. No need to buy Mexican.

 

Blogger Chan said ... (July 15, 2005 12:50 PM) : 

Thanks for the imput Mr. Cheesecake.. and I thought the Elvis one was good! :)

And I already have Mexican Chocolate... Will use that!

 

Anonymous doggerham said ... (July 15, 2005 2:00 PM) : 

I kinda liked the Elvis idea, though it might take a few tries. I'll volunteer to test any and all!

Oh, and your baby is adorable!

Amy

 

Blogger Chan said ... (July 15, 2005 2:04 PM) : 

hey thanks Amy!!
I will start shipping cheesecakes out your way! ;)

 

Anonymous Mr. Cheesecake said ... (July 15, 2005 7:21 PM) : 

Mr. Cheesecake just thinks Elvis has been overdone. Plus, can you really imagine KRAFT doing something with Elvis? But hey, never say never to banana peanut butter. It's a good combo, so long as you drop the Elvis.

Good luck with the Mexican chocolate.

 

post a comment