Thursday, July 07, 2005

Tres Leche Disaster


Here is a cake I made recently for my dad's birthday... It was (supposed to be) a Tres Leche with Strawberries and homemade filling. I REALLY wanted it to be a layer cake, even though it is made to be a sheet cake.... I attempted it anyway. It looked beautiful, but the first bite told a different story. Not only was it not wet... it wasnt even MOIST.... it was bone dry. I poured the milk mixture over the cake (after poking holes in it) and it seemed like some absorbed.... but it was a LIE.... a big fat lie.
The Cake was a FAILURE. I am not sure who was more upset.. me or my poor father who had been looking forward to the cake all week long. I talked it up pretty big....

Comments on "Tres Leche Disaster"

 

Blogger Santos said ... (July 18, 2005 12:40 AM) : 

my secret for a fantastic tres leches cake: buy the sponge cake from a good bakery. do the rest at home. never fails.

 

Blogger Rinn said ... (January 31, 2006 10:55 AM) : 

I know this is an old post, but I have a recipe for Tres Leches from a Mexican cookbook that I made for 10 people at a dinner party, and it got rave reviews. I'm sure you've done a better cake since then, but if you want to try it, I'll be happy to email it or post it to my blog for you.

 

post a comment