Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Oooey, Gooey, Hot, Melted Loooove



That's right, baby... I'm talkin' about S'mores. Dripping hot melted love, sexy chocolate topped with virginal white wholeness and sweetness....Sticky and hot and running down your fingers and..........



Okay, okay... exit Barry White and enter Chan. That was getting way out of control.

So we hosted ANOTHER celebratory dinner for my new job. My good friends Steph and Caleb came over with their hansome little baby, Finn.... and my very beautiful friend Dawn came in all the way from Florence. We had a delicious Italian inspired dinner and for the finale we feasted on S'mores. These were not your run of the mill-kids by the campfire- hersey's on a graham cracker- kind of S'mores either. Theses little babies were made from divine Italian bread cut into slices and covered with butter and sugar then popped in the oven to develop a dusty tan crust. The topped off with Lindz chocolate and a gorgeous marshmallow. They went back in the oven under broil just long enough for me to pop open a bottle of champagne, then out came the fragrant oooey gooey little gems.... The chocolate was so sexy, just barely beginning to melt and drip over the sides and the marshmallows became toasted and enveloping.... They were so delicious. Each one seemed to evoke something different in everyone, but one thing was unanimous... They were damn good. And so was the champagne.......

Comments on "Oooey, Gooey, Hot, Melted Loooove"

 

Blogger Jennifer said ... (August 18, 2005 7:18 AM) : 

Fancy-smancy s'mores. I love it!

 

Anonymous doggerham said ... (August 18, 2005 8:50 AM) : 

mmmm Veuve Clicquot!

 

Blogger obachan said ... (August 18, 2005 8:23 PM) : 

Hi Chan,
I found your site via the Food Bloggers Global Map and I just went through all your posts. Great entries, esp. the photos of your desserts!! Hmmmm….!!! This post just melted my heart. Honestly.
I have lived in Mississippi for a while more than 10 years ago and now, back in Japan, I miss Southern food soooo much. I’ll be definitely frequenting your site :D

 

post a comment